Hi Alexis! I've been following you a while now and love to read your posts even though I often view the mouth watering food pics at inopportune times (usually when I'm really hungry). Anyway I am visiting NYC for the first time ever next month! I know you get this question a lot but I do have to ask again as I can't locate those old posts! Which restaurants are you currently obsessing overs? Good night life spots (not nightclubs)? Must visit shops? Thanks so much in advance!
Hey there! I hope you’re as exciting about your visit to NYC as I am… because fall here is the best ever. So yes, places I really love and will continue to love and will always recommend to people over and over again:
- Stanton Social, Lower East Side — french onion soup dumplings
- Butter Lane, East Village — the best cupcakes, get the elvis
- Carcas, East Village/Williamsburg — get the chicken with caramelized onions, and the yoyos as an appetizer
- Meatball Shop, Lower East Side/Williamsburg/West Village — chicken meatballs with creamy polenta and tomato sauce
- Boqueria, Flatiron — bacon wrapped dates
- Shake Shack, Madison Square Park/Times Square/UWS/Tribeca — duh
- Asia Dog, Nolita — get the mash dog
- Mudspot, East Village — great brunch, my favorite coffee
- Balthazar, Soho — the best bacon ever, great homemade bread
- Tacombi, Nolita — tacos, tacos, tacos
- Rubirosa, Nolita — seasonal pizzas
For bars — I’m very low key. I like a bar with good music that isn’t crazy loud and isn’t absurdly crowded. I really like Drop Off Service in the East Village. Schiller’s Liquor Bar in the Lower East Side has great drinks, and Bowery Electric has great music to dance to (but isn’t nightclub-y).
Shopping — East 9th street between 2nd ave and Ave A has great little shops for clothes, antiques, etc. If you like chains and such, go to 5th Ave south of Flatiron for places like Zara, Madewell, etc.
Hope you have an awesome trip!